tagging

News regarding Conservation

tagging

Postby fenrover59 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:53 pm

Norfolk broads tagging project sunday 9th june

louise and myself had a invite for a days pike fishing on trinity broad with jc, roy, glen, darren , john and a few others all being involved with the EA to catch ,tag and record the weight of all fish captured,.

The day started at 05.00 with a swift cuppa then a steady ride to norwich for a meet at 07.00, with the boat loaded and ready to go by half seven we were soon out on the water. There has been quite a bit of weed growth since our last visit and when heading for the shallow end of the broad, weed mass was fairly thick with only 12 to 18 inches of water to fish on trying to fish the wobble we were picking up to much stringy streemer type weed a change to a spinner bait with only a single hook made fishing much easyer and soon had pike comeing from under the weed to attack the lures,spinner bait and frogs fished shallow saw us catch a dozen pike troughout the day to myself and lou,

another great day thanks to jc and the ea...........
fenrover59

Treasurer

Re: tagging

Postby johncurrie » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:06 pm

Heyho all
To keep you all up to speed .We have tagged over 450 Pike and had a high recapture rate on top of that figure.In August the scale analysis will be moving forward ,and EA will be isotope testing so we will have even more data to sift through.Credit to anyone who has participated and a thankyou from me as well.I am still unsure when the paper on the tagging will be published but imagine it will be in the next twelve months.JC.
johncurrie

Return to Conservation