MARCH 2019 GETTOGETHER

News and information on forthcomng matches and competitions.

MARCH 2019 GETTOGETHER

Postby fenrover59 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:44 pm

Hello All,
Long way off I know but as Lou`s holidays go from January/December would be an advantage to now if 1st or 2rd weekend of march would be more appropriate...
fenrover59

Treasurer

Re: MARCH 2019 GETTOGETHER

Postby Mike Fretwell » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:29 am

My vote would be for the first weekend in March, if we go mid march they could be spawning or moving into spawning grounds. :good: :drinks:
Mike Fretwell

Pree and Team

Postby higgy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:38 am

Sounds like a great idea but I am afraid I would have to renege. Simply because it is a lot of expense and organisation that could go wrong. The weather this year was the same in Ireland as it was here and the fishing has been very hard over there for the last month or so. A "home" venue is less risk and expence. The strange thing is that the end of season jolly has always been succesful (touch wood) but the TSF (same weekend) hasn't been quite so?
In Ireland there is no close season so that could be done within our present close season. Namely March to April. Mike comments about the pike spawning but the all Ireland final is not for another couple of weeks and it doesnt bother them. Also there are many club and open events throughout the year in Ireland during our "close season"
higgy

Members

Postby Mike Fretwell » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:54 pm

Hey Paul, my suggestion was aiming more about the pike holding up in areas finding the pike hard to locate or only grouped in one area. Remember a certain river in Somerset!
Mike Fretwell

Pree and Team

Postby GLENN » Mon May 14, 2018 1:50 pm

Either weekend gets my vote :good2:
GLENN

Chairman

Return to Competitions & Match information